Sunday, September 23, 2007

Tender Vitters

Here I go. Three days into blogging, and I'm already cutting corners... Does this mean someone from the comments section wins a bet?

According to the Times-Picayune, Louisiana Senator David Vitter has earmarked $100,000 in federal funds for the group Louisiana Family Forum to develop "improvements" to the state education curriculum that will promote faith-based alternatives to evolution.

"…when people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together."
- Isaac Asimov (Thanks to BABlog)

3 comments:

Asself said...

You are so hot, so this post couldn't be any more right on. (Rajlich, there's a straw man - get it!)

Unknown said...

I think you really spent yourself on the Taser entry...you should pace yourself my friend. I was hoping for daily updates. I need somewhere to give my unsolicited opinions.

Unknown said...

My over/under anaylsis was so far off...in retrospect, I blame no one but myself.

Perhaps this proves that you are such a self-absorbed asshole that you created a blog, intentionally designated it to be the anti-blog, and then subconsciously sabotaged it, all in a vainglorious attempt to enable yourself to get people to talk about you without violating your own sensibilities. Word.